Barron, Chippewa, Dunn, Eau Claire, Pepin, St. Croix, and Rusk Counties: Local History Collections
To access or cite this collection:http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/WI.IndianheadLocHist
Click to browse the collection by subject grouping:
St. Croix County
About the Collection
This collection showcases selections from the local history collections of 14 West-Central and Northwestern Wisconsin public libraries. These libraries, and many other Indianhead Federated Library System member libraries, serve as repositories for important local history documents. The Indianhead Federated Library System is comprised of 53 member public libraries in the region.
The collection contains texts (including community records, local history narratives and retrospectives, high school yearbooks, and maps) and images of community sites, events, and residents.
- Baldwin Public Library: http://www.baldwinlibrary.org
- Chippewa Falls Public Library: http://www.chippewafallslibrary.org
- L.E. Phillips Memorial Library in Eau Claire: http://www.ecpubliclibrary.info
- Rusk County Community Library in Ladysmith: http://www.ladysmithpl.org
- Pepin Public Library: http://www.pepinpubliclibrary.org
- Somerset Public Library: http://www.somersetlibrary.org
- Menomonie Public Library: http://www.menomonielibrary.org
- Colfax Public Library: http://www.colfaxpubliclibrary.org
- Durand Community Library: http://www.cityofdurand.com/city/library.html
- Woodville Community Library: http://www.woodvillelibrary.org
- Carleton A. Friday Memorial Library in New Richmond: www.newrichmondlibrary.org
- Boyceville Public Library: http://www.boycevillelibrary.org
- Fall Creek Public Library: http://www.fallcreekpubliclibrary.org
- Rice Lake Public Library: http://www.ricelakelibrary.org
Indianhead Federated Library System: http://www.ifls.lib.wi.us/
The Barron, Chippewa, Dunn, Eau Claire, Pepin, St. Croix, and Rusk Counties: Local History Collection is collaborative project completed by the UWDCC and the Baldwin Public Library, Chippewa Falls Public Library, L.E. Phillips Memorial Library, Rusk County Community Library, Pepin Public Library, Somerset Public Library, Menomonie Public Library, Colfax Public Library, Durand Community Library, Woodville Community Library, and Carleton A. Friday Memorial Library.
The Barron, Chippewa, Dunn, Eau Claire, Pepin, St. Croix, and Rusk Counties: Local History Collection was funded, in part, through 2010 and 2011 Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grants. These grants provide financial support for public libraries to digitize and make available online, their local library resources. For more information about LSTA grants in Wisconsin, contact the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) Division for Libraries and Technology or visit the LSTA grant Web site at http://pld.dpi.wi.gov/pld_lsta.