The History Collection
To access or cite this collection:http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/History
"History," said Alexis de Tocqueville, "is a gallery of pictures in which there are a few originals and many copies." The History Collection assembled here will help you get closer to some of those originals. Selected by librarians, scholars, and other subject specialists along a wide range of criteria, this collection includes published materials as well as archival documents. The items were digitized from a variety of formats including books, manuscripts, sound recordings, photographs, maps, and other resources. <more>
Materials in the Collection
- The Academic Library in the American University
- Documents Relating to Indian Affairs
- Greetings from the Fatherland: German Picture Postcards and History
- Germany Under Reconstruction
- Historical Primary Sources
- A History of the Crusades
- Nineteenth-century European-American views on Life in and the Peoples of the American West
- Playing House: Homemaking for Children
- Progetto di costituzione per il popolo Ligure...
- Reader Services in Libraries: A Day in Honor of Margaret E. Monroe. John J. Boll, Editor.
- Stereoviews of the French Second Empire, ca. 1855-1870
- World War I Collection