To access or cite this collection:http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/UW.LakeForester
About the Collection
Lake Forest “The Lost City” was a planned community on the wetlands east of Lake Wingra, within the present day UW-Madison Arboretum. The development began in 1914 and ended in 1922 when the Lake Forest Company declared bankruptcy. Some remains from the development can still be seen in the Arboretum today.
The Lake Forester was published from 1920-1922 and contains a wealth of information about the planned suburb. The 33 issues from 1920-21 digitized here are from the UW-Madison Archives’ collection on Lake Forest, Series 38/6/1-5 (6 archives boxes; see also Series 38/2/11). Additional issues of the Lake Forester through March 1, 1922 are in the library of the Wisconsin Historical Society, Microfilm P76-6612.