About the Collection
Libraries and Schools in Marathon and Lincoln Counties contains historic images representing central Wisconsin schools and libraries in Marathon and Lincoln Counties.
In this collection, you will find:
- Lincoln County rural schools, contributed by the TB Scott Library, Merrill and the Merrill Historical Society.
- Marathon County rural schools, contributed by the Marathon County Historical Society.
- The Marathon County Public Library, the Wausau headquarters and Marathon county branch libraries contributed by the Marathon County Public Library
- Marathon County Normal School/University of Wisconsin Marathon County contributed by the University of Wisconsin Marathon County
- Marathon County Historical Society
- Marathon County Public Library
- The Merrill Historical Society
- University of Wisconsin – Marathon County
- T.B. Scott Free Library
Libraries and Schools in Marathon and Lincoln Counties is collaborative project completed by the UWDCC and the Marathon County Public Library with support and contributions from the following Central Wisconsin Digitization Project members: Marathon County Historical Society, Merrill Historical Society, TB Scott Library and the University of Wisconsin Marathon County.
Libraries and Schools in Marathon and Lincoln Counties was funded, in part, through a 2005 Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant. This grant provided financial support for public libraries to digitize and make available online, their local library resources. For more information about LSTA grants in Wisconsin, contact the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) Division for Libraries, Technology, and Community Learning or visit the LSTA grant Web site at http://dpi.wi.gov.
CopyrightClick to read our Copyright statement
This compilation (including design, introductory text, organization, and descriptive material) is copyrighted by University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents.
This copyright is independent of any copyright on specific items within the collection. Because the University of Wisconsin Libraries generally do not own the rights to materials in these collections, please consult copyright or ownership information provided with individual items.
Images, text, or other content downloaded from the collection may be freely used for non-profit educational and research purposes, or any other use falling within the purview of “Fair Use“.
In all other cases, please consult the terms provided with the item, or contact the Libraries.